I commit to membership in the Forest Hills Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program for the 2019-20 winter season.
- I agree that while Golden Earthworm Organic Farm and Briermere Farm will act in good faith to provide fresh produce, there is no guarantee of quantities or contents of shares. I understand and accept that I share both the risks and the benefits of the harvest, and as such, can not be guaranteed any specific vegetable or fruit as part of my share.
- I understand that all vegetable boxes delivered in a given distribution are the same, or as close to the same as possible.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to read the Member Handbook in its entirety before the season begins, so that I understand how distribution and the CSA works. The Member Handbook will be emailed before the season starts.
- I understand that this is an all-volunteer CSA and it is my responsibility to sign up for volunteer slots on SignUpGenius or arrange for other approved duties. I will sign up for 6 hours, or however many hours are needed and requested.
- If I realize after signing up for volunteering that I can not volunteer that shift, I will ask a share partner or swap my shift on signup.com. If I have a true last minute emergency, I will call or text Anna or my shift supervisor.
- If I prefer non-distribution volunteering, I will email FHCSAvolunteers@foresthillscsa.com and make a detailed proposal to the core group within one week of signing-up for my share. If I do not do so, I understand that it will be assumed that I wish to volunteer at the distribution site and can make the scheduled times.
- I understand that if I split a share, one member needs to pick up the whole share (half of a share can not be kept at distribution) and that volunteering requirements are the responsibility of all adult members who split the share.
- I understand that I may have a friend or relative pick up my share if I can not make it, and I will explain to them what they need to know to pick up my share(s)
- I understand that if I do not pick up my share during distribution it will be donated appropriately; I do not expect to have my share saved.
- I agree to keep my membership account information up to date and to promptly notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes.
- I understand that the CSA’s primary means of communication is via email, and I will read FHCSA emails and respond appropriately.
- If I sign up for a low or middle income share, my family/ies truthfully meet/s the income guidelines.
- I understand that I am only a member once my full payment is received.
Payments, Refunds & Cancellations
- Requests for refunds by a member prior to the first day of the CSA harvest season will be issued a full refund less a $15.00 administrative processing fee.
- Cancellation by the farm during this period will dictate a full refund to the member for the share price paid.
- From the first day of the CSA harvest season on, we can not refund your share as we have already paid our farmers and we are counting on your volunteering. The Core Group will try to help you find someone from our wait-list who would buy your share. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to sell your share, if you desire, and to notify the Core Group of the new CSA member(s).
- Cancellation by the farm during the season will dictate a pro-rated refund to the member for the remaining weeks of unclaimed produce.
- A $15.00 fee (or greater, if the bank charges more) will apply to all returned checks.