When: Sunday, May 03, 2015 10:00am – 04:00pm
Where: Forest Hills Jewish Center, 69th Road between Queens Boulevard and Austin Street, Queens, NY
What: They accept the following working & non-working equipment:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
They cannot accept:
home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners and also cannot accept ionization smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material). For information on how to dispose of these items, click linked item.
Please note: To recycle media, such as disks, CDs, and VHS tapes please recycle with Green Disk. They can also accept media but suggest a donation of $.50 per item to cover their disposal costs.
For more information about the Lower East Side Ecology Center’s e-waste program, click here. This collection event runs from 10 am – 4 pm, rain or shine.
Please help us spread the word about this event by downloading the flyer and sharing with your apartment building, neighbors, friends, or coworkers. Thanks so much!
For more information about the e-waste recycling law (e-waste recycling is required by law as of January 1st, 2015), click here.