· 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
· 1/4 cup bacon drippings
· 1 small head cabbage, cored and finely chopped
· ground black pepper to taste
· 1 medium onion chopped
· 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Cook bacon in a deep skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings in skillet.
2. Cook and stir onion, cabbage, S& P, and sugar in hot bacon drippings over medium heat until cabbage wilts, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Crumble bacon over cabbage. Stir and simmer until bacon is warmed, 2 to 3 minutes.